Something Salinas This Way Comes...

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Creative Excuses

Joshua has begun to show signs of stellar excuse-making skillz.  Yesterday afternoon, he swore the reason he'd shoved his entire Lego/Hot Wheels mess under his bed instead of putting them away, was that his eyes were bad and that he "possibly could not have seen where he was putting the stuff". 

This is an excerpt from our conversation early this morning:

Me:  Is everybody ready to go?

Josh, Kody, and Kyleigh (mumbling all at once):  Ready!  ....find my gloves....juice box....show and share?....sign my reading slip?...

Me:  Josh, are you wearing clean clothes under that snowsuit?

Josh: 

Me:

Josh:  Yes.

Me:  Are you wearing your shirt from yesterday?

Josh:

Me:

Josh:  Well it's clean.

Me:  You can't wear the same shirt two days in a row.

Josh:  But it's not diiirrrrrty.  I don't want to take off all my snow gear now.

Me:   Your shirt is dirty if you wore it once, especially if it has dried rice on it.  Does your shirt have dried sticky rice on it from last night?

Josh:

Me:  You need to wear a clean shirt or your teacher will think we're gross.

Josh:  But I have hair on my chest, and lice bugs don't like dirt, so I neeeeeed to wear this shiiiiirrrrrrt.

....The basis of his argument was so genius that I actually allowed him to wear the Halloween shirt from three years ago to school again today.  Props to Josh for creative excuses, and this is duly noted for when he's between the ages of 13-19.

2 comments:

  1. Josh--you are awesome!

    Taryn, you're in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Best Excuse Ever to not put on a new shirt.

    I agree with Karyn - your in for it!

    ReplyDelete